Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
T9P68EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my backlit keyboard. This happened very suddenly, but whenever i turn on the backlighting, only the right side of the keyboard lights up. The left side has suddenly become much darker. The picture here is what it looks like:hp help.jpg

Help on what this could be is greatly appreciated; because i need to fix it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Krumpet_Man,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have gone through the steps suggested and still having the same issue, I would personally suggest this being a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Krumpet_Man,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the backlit keyboard light is darker on the left side.Don't worry, we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Some of the known issues have occurred after a BIOS update as the keyboard backlighting turns off.

I'm not sure if you did a BIOS update, but if you have - pressing F5 will turn it back on.

However, If F5 does not resolve the issue, then make sure your OMEN is up to date using the HP Support document Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10)

You may also try this YouTube video for more details: Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

First off, this is not a HP OMEN. This is a HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook.

Secondly, I have not done a BIOS update.

I don't know if this is the result of a physical fault, but i haven't been able to take apart the laptop, so i'm not sure what could've caused the keyboard to do this. However, this is not out of the question, because I didn't do any updates or anything

Thank you for your answer; however, none of what you said worked

HP Recommended

Hi @Krumpet_Man,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you have gone through the steps suggested and still having the same issue, I would personally suggest this being a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.