Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
I turned off my computer yesterday (I think) and today went to turn it on and NOTHING! I plugged it in and it still won't turn on! I'm freaking out! The light IS on by where the cord is attached to the computer. HELP!
107 REPLIES 107
HP Recommended
Why hasn't anyone helped me yet?! 😞
HP Recommended

Please remove your battery and unplug your charger, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then put your battery back and plug your charger back in again. Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Thank u that answer help me soo much i though i was gonna have to buy a new charger or mother board  or just a whole new laptop again thank u sooo much

HP Recommended

I am working on a HP Pavilion g6-1b67ca

I have tried the following steps outlined above, and in the other thread (about the rubber reset button underneath the Laptop); however the laptop is still inoperable (Not turning on).

The LED When the battery is in, and power block in, is "amberish". 

The LED When the battery is removed and power block in, is "white".

Any suggestions will be gladly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello Dukes82,

You are stating the computer will not turn on, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Now the LED that you are speaking of, is that the light next to the port where you plug in the charger?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
light next to the port - yes
HP Recommended

@Dukes82,

When you turn the computer on do you notice the number lock or caps lock lights flashing? Also does the LED on the power button come on?

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
@RedRose0528,

no to the 1st question, and no to the second one. only the light at the power source plug turns on.
HP Recommended

@Dukes82,

If you try to boot with just the AC charger plugged in only, any difference? Do you even hear the fan come on?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.