Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
My hp will not turn on I have tried all the above suggestions and nothing my power cord light is on and the charge will come on for about 5 mins. When I press the power button the lights will flash one time then go out. Do you think this is a power situation or something worse? Thanks for your help.
HP Recommended

Hello Tlc3636,

I see that you are having problems with your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Ko334ua#aba. P/N

Hp pavilion dv9700. Product

These are two numbers on back of laptop I have a serial number I didn't know if you needed that. The link shows looking at control panel but I can't power on computer Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for start up problems.

Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Looks like it may be a power situation I am going to replace ac adapter and see if this gets better.
HP Recommended

Let me know if that helps.

I will keep an eye out for an update.

Signature

HP Recommended

yes yes and yes! then i left my laptop to charge all night, in the morning it seemed to be normal again but when i tried to turn it on, the USB led flashed and nothing happened.....it does this every time i hit the power button! please help

HP Recommended
I just wanted to thank you. I just freaked out when my 1week old Hp Pavillion 2270 would not turn on.

The screen was kind of a slate blue and it didn't respond at all. Well I googled the problem and it seems others have had the same experience. I followed advice here and all is fine. Again, thank you
HP Recommended
please when i start my laptop, it starts and go off repeatedly. i have removed my battery but still. please someone should help me
HP Recommended
it keeps rebooting over and over. it does not give me a blue screen tho
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.