Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi ykranc. I could not locate a support page for "g6 model:hstnn-i94c" so I am using the "HP Pavilion g6-1a69us" for reference.
The troubleshooting document should be the same anyways. This document has various solutions, pick the one that closely matches your scenario and go through the steps. (Don't worry if the operating system listed is not exact as it is just hardware troubleshooting)

Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP):
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

Let me know how that goes.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

i have the same problem and the caps lock led flashes when I try to power it up 

HP Recommended
Hey.. So my HP Pavilion G6 1c58dx is having major issues. I plug in the AC adapter with battery and nothing happens. I press power button, nothing. LED on the charger port flashes white and blinks with both AC adapter and battery. It flashes the same without battery. I already tried to replace both battery and charger but nothing works. Help please.. Thanks!
HP Recommended
Also I've tried all the above solutions but they don't work..
HP Recommended

Hi J_Lee1,

I understand you are having a start up issue with your HP Pavilion G6 1c58dx. Have you tried a different power outlet? Have you tried to turn it on without the power cord in?

Have you removed an USB devices? Is the AC Adapter a 65W AC adapter?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Yes, I have tried a different power outlet, the charger is 65wW and all usb devices are removed. I have also tried another AC adapter and battery. It won't power on without the AC adapter plugged in.
HP Recommended

Hi J_Lee1,

Here is a document on computer won't start.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I tried the steps and nothing workws.. I know the laptop is getting power because the LED light next to the charger port is blinking.. But the computer itself wont turn on..
HP Recommended

Hi J_Lee1,

Have you tried to reseat the HDD. Here is a video on reseating the HDD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot8e0LKXZMo

Just remove it, inspect it and put it back in.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Tried that... Didn't work... Not sure what's going on.. I tried the rubber button under the laptop as well and it didn't work either
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.