Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with mine and I've seen SO many forum posts on this looking for the same solution. I went to the hardware store and provided a temporary fix, but the back of my case pops loose every time I open or close my screen. I now have to use my HP laptop as a desktop. My computer is only a year old and I've taken really great care of it. However, the plastic screw holders that HP designed aren't strong enough. They shouldn't be charging customers to fix such a poorly designed case with the same defective products. I want a solution for this; I don't want to pay $180 to get another poorly built case.

I'm shocked they haven't done a recall on this product yet.

HP Recommended

@brokenhps

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Good evening, I'm writing from Italy and I am experiencing the same issues. the first time the left hinge broke the warranty was still valid and I had it repaired for free. Now, after just six months from the reapair, the warranty is over and the hinge is broken again; I already read of homemade methods you can use to fix it yourself, but it still seems unfair to me to be abandoned by hp on an issue they are responsible for.

I hope to receive an answer asap, thank you

Giulia Trentin

HP Recommended
Same here ! The left hinge on my 6t-1000 broke almost a year ago after 1 year usage. My warranty expired about more than a year ago, I have been using it with the rattling screen for about a year, due to the huge amount of repairment cost > $200. Now finally I've got this board and found that it is a failure product. Hinges are not strong enough to hold the screen side panel. Or the parallel line between both hinges was bad from the product line. Now, how can I get it fixed regardless of my warranty? I can send the picture to prove it. I think a lot of persons have the solution and benefit from this page. Can I get it here too?
HP Recommended

HI @jjamzang,

Welcome to the HP forum! :generic:

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I have the same issue and have reached out to someone. I hope to hear back from them soon..
HP Recommended

HI @mjjmlover,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Just created an account for this, I too own a HP Envy Ultrabook 6, this is the third time the hinge has cracked, previously once on the left and once on the right which I got it repaired by a repairing company. This being the third time after I just got it repaired is super annoying, hope HP canprovide a permanent solution. I'm posting from Singapore. Thanks.
HP Recommended
I haven't received a message yet
HP Recommended

I  haven't got a message yet, too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.