09-08-2011 10:24 AM
Disconnect the notebook from any docking station or port replicator it may be attached to. Also remove printers or any other peripherals.
Disconnect the AC adapter.
Remove the battery from the notebook.
Connect the AC Adapter without the battery and turn on the notebook.
Check all connections to ensure they are not loose.
If the AC adaptor connection to the notebook is loose, the connector may be damaged and require repair. Contact HP service and support further assistance.
Press and release the Power button to start the computer.
If the notebook starts, then the AC adapter is functioning properly. Connect the battery and observe what happens. If the notebook starts to flicker between battery and AC power then continue to Reinstall the Windows Operating System .
If the Power LED is off , then the AC power adapter needs to be replaced. Contact Hp service and support for assitance.
If the power LED is on , but the notebook PC does not power on, then the notebook PC needs to be repaired. Contact HP service and support further assistance.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)