07-09-2014 01:06 PM - last edited on 07-11-2014 06:25 PM by Leo_Y
Product: Compaq Presario CQ40
S/N : [Edited for Personal Information]
P/N : FW554PA#ACJ
07-09-2014 02:02 PM
***PLEASE REMOVE SERIAL NUMBER FROM YOUR POST, HACKERS AROUND THE GLOBE ARE TRYING TO GET THIS***
This is your service manual:
Go through page 4 & 19, you can see that your laptop came with 14.1inch keyboard with 2 buttons & 2-way scrolls.
The spare part number is 486904-*** with part number of United States being 486904-001. You may go to Page 19 Computer Major components in user manual for other part numbers.
I dont think HP may repair keyboard replacing two keys , you may have to replace whole panel. Contact HP in your region for replacement.
Here are some online stores selling this:
Hope this resolves your concern.
thanks, do visit Forum if you have any issues..
***CLICK MY REPLY "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM***
***CLICK KUDOS IF YOU APPRECIATE MY REPLY***
++ Click "KUDOS/THUMBS UP" to say Thanks
++ Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if your issue is solved
*** I'm a Volunteer & I don't work for HP ***
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)