Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you explain me what "internal DVD-RW drive or CD drive" is ? I only have those one :

- Optical Disk Drive

- USB CD-ROM

- USB Floppy

- USB Hard Drive

- Notebook Hard Drive

- Notebook Ethernet

- SD Card

I put them in the order I made. Notebook Hard Drive was second before I changed anything, that's all.

I saw someone facing this same issue, reinstalling his Hard Drive with a Windows CD, do you think it might work ?

HP Recommended

Same here. My wife's Acer is almost 7 years old and still works great....

HP Recommended

Hi,

That would be your optical drive as some people refer to it as a DVD-RW or CD-Rom Drive.

HP Recommended

If it's a bootable CD or an original it would definitely boot and ask you to "Press any key to continue".....good luck!

HP Recommended

Hey, Have u found any solution for the 3F0 error!!! I am experiencing it now... and i have no idea what to do?

I ran the HP test by pressing F2 and then Hard Disk Check but it says : NOT INSTALLED

Sometimes it happens when a blue screen with KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR or CRITICAL_PROCESS_STOPPED appers and then laptop boots or the laptop just hangs up when i am using it...

I keep laptop for some time like 25-30 minutes and then it starts like normal and works fine...

I never know when the issue will happen and this issue popups randomly,,, sometimes laptops works for weeks without showing any error but sometimes it shows a hundred times in a day!

Confused a lot --- Need proper assistance!!!

Note: I have LEGACY BOOT MODE enabled and boot order set as the reply in other threads but still this issue popsup at random times!!!

Plz Help...

HP Recommended
How would you connect another laptop to the laptop with an issue if you cant get into windows 8 etc. (and the same screen keeps appearing: "boot device not found...")
HP Recommended

I get 3Fo and did the hard drive test.  I only use this computer for the internet.  Can I over ride this and get the computer to boot?  I unplugged it yesterday and held the start utton to drain power (30sec).  Somehow got i t to work yesterday.  Can't get it going today.  Hard disk test said replace.  Thank you so much!. Lee

HP Recommended

I had the same issue today, tried to restore my windows 10 from my dvd copy and external hard drive but would not work.

I did the following only because I had a backup copy of my original windows 10 os at hand. If you do not have a backup copy anywhere, do not do the same.

So, I decided to load chaletos (linux) from a dvd, it booted up in ram allowing me to used gparted to format my hard drive to ntfs. I then installed chaletos to the hard drive. All worked great.

I then booted from my windows 10 recovery dvd with the external hd with my original windows copy on, selected my language, selected command prompt from the options and repaired the MBR with ¨BootRec.exe /fixmbr¨ (no quotes).

Now the PC will read and recovery my PC from via the dvd from the the external hd copy.

Hooray!! All was not lost and the error 3fo did NOT mean the hard drive or motherboard was fried in my case. Fingers crossed all will remain stable. If not, will simply run linux.

HP Recommended
(You must read all)You must download an ISO to another computer/laptop. After downloading, install wirar and extract the ISO file and put the files in the USB. The 2nd way is easier, double click the ISO file and burn it on A CD-RW. (The storage capacity of the USB and CD-RW must be 4GB of space. Then start your computer with "Boot Device Not" then press F10. If you used USB, Go to F10>System Configuration>Boot Options>UEFI Boot Order. Get the USB on Key/USB Hard Disk to the top. Use F6 to get to the TOP and F5 for DOWN. If you use CD-RW, go to F10>System Configuration>Boot Options>UEFI Boot Order. And get Internal CD/DVD Rom Drive to the top (You must note this, press F6 for UP and F5 for Down. Example of the file that you will download is windows10pro.iso (no matter what you name it BUT it must end to .iso)
HP Recommended
I had to buy a reboot from hp but only a usb came ....do I need a disk also
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.