Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Need help with a password administrator controls assessment to set up

HP Recommended

@Johnny9999

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand from your post that you need help with a password administrator controls assessment to set up. I would like to know if you are referring to the BIOS administrator password to access the system BIOS setup? 

If yes, then I recommend you to reach out to HP phone support for further help. You can fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support. Let me know if there is anything else I could assist you with. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
I know this is a old thread but I came here with the same issue but thought I'd share my resolution which somehow my boot options got changed to uefi which is incorrect and should be legacy.
HP Recommended
I had the same problem. My HP laptop of nearly 8 years did this near the end of April last month. My husband sent it off to be repaired, but then he got told that they couldn't figure it out and the guy who was meant to fix it was off. He just wasted $63 for nothing.
I was actually in the process of backing up my photos. The laptop was working fine in the morning, I leave it switched on for a couple of hours, then I came back to boot drive not found 3F0.
I am desperate. I just want to know how to check if the data can be saved. I am after the photos stored there. 😞
HP Recommended
System: ProBook 4430s
Problem:boot device not found and to please install an operating system on my hard disk- (3F0)
Solution ??
HP Recommended

Solved it your HDD thats a turnip

remove battery and cables

open laptop all screws from botton two hidden under caps take corner plates off

pop out cdrom

another two screw hidden by cdrom

pop off keyboard be gentle remove clip by flipping up remove keyboard cable

remove power button cable mouse tracker pop up slide to remove

remove screws from top plate that hold metal plate to lower base case

piece of cardboard draw screw locations pop holes and place screws in as you remove

then you know which came from which hole

remove top plate and casing one unit reveals the mobo and HDD

remove HDD

SWAP HDD back plate from old to new HDD

Replace the new HDD gently into its position

Place Top unit back

attach the power and touch pad mouse cable

screw top plate if needed

attach keyboard bit tricky Lock is down

two screws cdrom area

place cdrom back

replace the screws underneath in the order you took them out

if it still wont boot from cdrom or usb clear the uefi boot settings in the bios (not the set default) it worked after i cleared this setting why i do not know but it did asume the mobo stores uefi boot setting for the old drive

Install os i used usb

All working tried w10 and Linux work fine

HP Recommended

You need a new HDD Installed and to tweak bios settings to get it to work delete the old uefi boot settings. Install if like me the cdrom was a duffer on install use a usb

HP Recommended

Help me...my pc is saying Boot device not found hard disk 3fo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.