Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g4-1315dx Notebook

Windows 7 home Premium 64 bits

Warning!

No webcam detected. try plugging in a webcam into your computer now.

if you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the weblinks given below might help you to fix the issue.

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows

Testing a Webcam With MediaSmart in Windows

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Recently upgraded to Windows 8 , and downloaded the latest version of SKYPE, my HP webcam "is detected", the little white light , lights up next to the webcam, but all that can be seen is darkness, I checked to see if the driver is up to date, and it says it is. But still I am having this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey, rguf55.

What model notebook do you have? Could you provide me with the full model name.

Also, you can go HERE to try and resolve the issue you're having.

THX 🙂

HP Recommended

were i must go to turn on the webcam????

HP Recommended

Hello junior,

I see that you are having problems with the webcam on your HP computer. I would like to help with your problem but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

my laptop i just recieved in the mail is not working it is an internal camera and i have a decent knowledge for computers. but it shows green lines kinda thing wen i use it. i am running windows 8

all i can find is my product i.d. to help you find the laptop im using

product i.d. 00179-60581-24511-aaoem

please help.

HP Recommended

Hello Angel_Coyle,

I would like to help with your webcam issue but I need some information about the computer from you. Follow the steps in this link it shows you how to find the model and product number.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

My computer is HP Pavillion g6 1117tx  did not detect hp webcam. I've already installed drivers but it did not working properly. What is the solution that I can take regarding this problem.

HP Pavillon g6 1117tx

windows7 home premium 64bits

warning!

No webcam  detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an intergrated camara, make sure that it is turn on.

HP Recommended

please I need quick reply regarding my problem

My webcam shows this warning

Warning!

HP MediaSmart webcam cannot connect to your webcam (HP webcam 101). Try selecting another capture device

within settings, or close any applications that may be using this webcam and then restart HP MediaSmart Webcam.

product ID: HP Pavillion g6 1117tx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.