Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello @goura,

I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
I had the same problem but it started out with the screen going all fuzzy like the television when it does not receive a signal and then each time I tried to restart I had the same fuzzy screen problem or the power won't turn on. Your idea saved my power problem but I wish you'd tell me a way to solve the fuzzy screen problem. My laptop is about 1.5 years old.
Thanks!
HP Recommended
It didnt work for me! I have a samsung windows 8 laptop, and i try holding down the button and nothing happens. They are no signs of power or anything. Please help!
HP Recommended

My laptop wont turn on. I tried all of the tips and tricks that other people have used and found useful but nothing is working. My laptop was issued to me by my school and I could have our tech advisor look at it but I have homework that is due that I need on it. I was wondering what else I could try??

HP Recommended

Hello

@raisincookiesand @MickaylaRayK,

I understand you are both having the same issue where your HP Notebook will not turn on. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

@Laptophelp54,

I would suggest you contact Samsung Technical Support as they will be better equiped to help you with your issue.

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
Yesterday my laptop shut off and it wont turn back on. I tried taking out the adaptor and battery and holding down on the power key for 30 seconds but nothing happened. When I put the batter in the power light blink three times and then turn off. It dont turn on at all with out the battery in. Before this my battery needed to be replaced as long as I would leave the adaptor in the computer would stay on but if the cord came out the computer would cut off within two minutes.
HP Recommended
I have a HP laptop model # HSTNN-C18C........ It has been working perfectly fine until I let someone borrow it, it was returned the next day not able to power up!!! The person whom borrowed it swore that he didn't do anything but plug it in at his house and it would no longer power up.. I have tried taking the battery off, holding the power button down, tried to power it up w/o the battery just the a/c plug and still nothing. I have also tried talking, yelling, cursing as well as saying a prayer topped with using my final wish from my magic jeenie lamp and still no power... Now being a poor southern boy I a would truly appreciate anyone that could help me solve this problem... Sincerely POOR and POWERLESS
HP Recommended
Hi, I have a laptop HP 630 LJ514UT Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-370M 2.40GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Bought in November 2011 in the US, but I live in Venezuela right now.

When I press the power button, it does not make a sound or anything, it just starts blinking the Power button and the Wireless Network button, indefinitely, I counted 20 times and then stopped counting.

I performed a Hard Reset, I have an identical laptop, so I tried the other charger, used the other laptop's battery and nothing, those two leds keep blinking. I even reseated the RAM.

I live in Venezuela, so HP service is out of the question, I just would like someone to tell me what those two leds mean, so I can start tinkering with the laptop, I'm willing to dissassemble it, and reseat the CPU, even solder stuff if it comes to that.

In case it is useful, the last time I used it, I had it on a few hours, when I went to shut it down I found a blue screen and the laptop very hot, I shut it down, in a few hours I tried to turn it on, and this is when I noticed the problem.

THanks in advance.
HP Recommended

Hello @AP913, @Alcabone, and @masterpeter ,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand all three of you are having an issues with starting your computer. First I would like all three of you to ensure that your Notebook is plugged directly into the wall outlet and not into a power bar or surge protector. Next, I am providing you with two documents to try below:

Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Choose one of the following to follow depending on your Operating System:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)

Calibrating the Notebook Battery (Windows Vista)

If the two above documents do not resolve your issue I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options. In the case of @Alcabone if you cannot get tech support where you are a local computer shop may be your option.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So, I somehow fixed my laptop. I dissassembled it with the help of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZK0ETNWOgw (very easy, just time consuming the first time). I got to the cpu I took it out, changed the thermal paste, put it back in and then reassembled the laptop.

When I pushed the power button, the same leds blinked, I thought it was dead. But then, I thought of exchanging the RAM from another identical laptop (#2) I have. I did, and the laptop #2 that worked before did not work with the "bad" RAM, the lights blinked the same, and the fan did not start.

But the first laptop that didn't even started the fan, this time the fan turned on, did some noises, and in about 30 seconds it shutted down, so I thought maybe I did not connect right the display. So I left the RAM modules like before, once I did this, the laptop turned the fans on and did the starting up noises WITH the "bad" RAM, the display still wouldn't come on.

I exchanged the RAM modules again, this time the laptop did turned on, the display turned on with a message that it had overheated the last time......Booted and it was normal

I did at one point ran Memtest86 with a USB drive, but on the "good" RAM just to see if it got the laptop to boot.

So I can't know for sure what the problem was, but I think the solution was the exchanging back and forth of the memory modules.

I have to say that I got the laptop #2 that now had the "bad" RAM module to boot normally, just by turning it off and on several times.

The problem obviously wasn't CPU, Battery, Charger, or soldering problems on the MOBO like many suggested to me.

Hope this helps anyone

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.