Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My computer is having the same issue where it won't turn on but no light is appearing when I plug it in or attempt to turn it on.
HP Recommended
My computer is having the same issue but when I plug it in no light appears.
HP Recommended
I tried all the tricks but the unit still not turn on. Who can help me this product model g6- 2244ca
HP Recommended

JB and all    below is a standard HP response to these power on issues with their unreliable laptops.   they are poorly designed with regard to heat rejection   most issues are with overheating causing damage to components or solder connections to the motherboard.    I would stay away from HPs   replace with Dells or Toshibas.   I just bought my first asus and it seems to be okay too.    with regard to your problem   if you have tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps and you are sure you have a good battery, good power adapter, good DC jack, and have tried their favoriteion  suggestion and trick to remove battery and disconnect ac adapter then hold power button down for a meinute   then reconnect ac adapter   then try to po  wer up the unit.  sometimes this will revive a non responding  unit.   my last ditch suggestion is to blow very hot air with a hairdyer into the side cooling vent grill for at least a minute inhope that you are repairing a bad solder joint on the video chip to motherboard--caution it could melt the plastic on the grill but safe for the laptop electronics.  then try and power it on.  if joy  heat it for two minutes and try to try to turn on again.  if no joy then the laptop is toast ...yes then remove harddrive and your ram and save the rest for parts for someone elses crappy hp laptop.     sorry for the bad news.

Professoru
npw05001
 aMessage 4 of 4(3,197 Views)
Re: pavilion g6 - no power

Your welcome,

I have found this link with troubleshooting steps for no power issues. You have performed most of them but they may be worth a try.

If you are still unable to get any signs of power from the computer then the issue will be with the units system board and would need to be serviced.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
i have an hp laptop was on it yesterday turned it off came home went to tirn it on and it will not come on. the indicator light comes on thats it and when u hit the power button the three little lights come on and glash 3 times and goes off and i reallllly need it.
HP Recommended
Does not sound. Good. What's the model number and how long have you had it?
HP Recommended
I did what u told me to do ,but the lights are switched on and the screen isn't switching on
HP Recommended

so you removed battery ,,,and disconnected ac adapter  held power button down for 1 or 2 minutes then replugged in ac cord and still no video ?? but all the usual lights are on   and you hear the fan spinning and the harddrive running??  if all I said is true...then have you tried to remove the cmos battery and short across the cmos connector to make sure its fully reset. then reinstall cmos battery to see if the computer with video will wake up?  and I presume its no longer in warranty.

give us more details on what you have tried so far.   and did it seem unusual when you last used it and shutdown? was all normal   did it seem to run slower and/or hotter than usuas il??

stay  away from HP laptops in the future

HP Recommended

Gor blimey, it worked, so far so good. Thanks mate...

HP Recommended

My new Dell XPS 8900 Desktop will not turn on. The power light flashes once, fan starts and then the fan stops immediately and the on/off button goes from white to orange. It then blinks once, pauses, and blinks twice. I can get it to start by pulling the plug, plugging it in and sometimes, have to repeat the pull the plug routine. It is now up and running. Have run all diagnostics from Dell and iOLO Technologies. All sytems Passed. I cannot turn the computer OFF, becasue I might not get it to Start. My electrician was here and the outlet passed inspection. He suggested researching the problem which led me , from Ask.com, directly to you! Go figure - by a Dell, fix it with HP.  I am told by the purchasing technical coverage, that the BIOS is updated. I think the Blinking pattern: one blink, pause, two blinks, is significant, but I am unable to find a solution. Machine's Manual, does mention Blinking lights, but not in the order that mine is Blinking. I'm close...I can feel it. Any ideas?  I've been told to return it and get an HP, but I have a huge investment in time to get this machine to work. Many thanks and humbly, chrmn2k.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.