Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I used my laptop early Saturday morning with no problem and then shut it down using the Hibernate option. About 4 hours later, I tried to turn it on by pushing the power button and nothing happened. It was plugged into the wall and the little light next to where you plug in the power adapter was on. It would turn off when I unplugged it. The laptop wouldn't turn on whether it was plugged into the adapter or not. The laptop is about 2.5 years old. This is the first problem that we have had with it. Would a bad battery cause this? Could it be the power supply? Thanks

331 REPLIES 331
HP Recommended

Try removing the battery and the power supply and hold down the power button 30 seconds. Now plug in the AC adapter and try to start it. Yes a battery can be so dead it keeps the laptop from powering on. The power supply might also be dead but unlikely if the indicator light comes on next to where you plug it in.

HP Recommended

I removed the battery and let it sit for about 5 minutes. it was already unplugged from the AC adapter. Then i put the battery back in and plugged in the adapter, and it turned on!  It felt like a miracle.  Thanks!

HP Recommended
I googles this, this came up, exactly my problem.. Worked awesome! Thank you
HP Recommended

i have tried every trick i have read about. i have unplugged the power, took out the battery, held down the power button, and still nothing. the light comes on the the ac adapter is plugged in, as well as a light briefly flashes when i push the power button. but it still doesnt turn on. i have had this laptop fpr less than 6 months and i am kind of upset that it is no longer working. any suggestions????????

HP Recommended

Hello jnc529,

What is your product number and operating system?

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion g6. Product # c7c76ua#aba. Operates on windows 8.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply!  First of all, your notebook is still in warranty if you've only had it 6 months.  Feel free to call in and speak directly to a rep.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, begin Here.

Please let me know the outcome.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Thank u for the tip .. I took the battery out and plugged it in and it turned on ! You don't know how happy this makes me thank you ! So simple and yet I was freaking out..
HP Recommended

Awesome, Lindy! 

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.