Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This JUST happened to me, but the battery removal, etc didn't help; it's dead as a doornail, & just won't turn on.

Plz help - thx.

Pavilion g7 -1150us

HP Recommended

Hi kittielover,

To confirm that troubleshooting steps that you have done, I included the document 'Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)'. Please follow through the steps for a hard reset, and then select the symptoms that best match your scenario, and follow the steps.

Please let me know if you have completed all these steps, as well if there are any blinking lights at all on the notebook when you do try to start it. Additional does the notebook make and beeping sounds when trying to power it on? Is there an LED light lit up on the ac power adapter at all?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have a hp pavillion dv6000. I used it last night. Tried this morning and i hold the power button and the lights come on for 2seconds and shuts off. I have no battery, just ac adapter. The charger light is on and it lightz up blue but wont come on. Need a fix fast
HP Recommended

Hello & thank you. I'm STILL w\out it. As it turns out, there's a LOT more to it than a hard reset. Replaced heat sink, & it burned out again, & something w\the motherboard. There's even more going on than that. Two certified HP ppl have been working on this; one said he's never seen anything like this. IDK if the other concurred...

Again, thank you; sorry it took so long for me to respond.

HP Recommended
i have tried every trick i have read about. i have unplugged
the power, took out the battery, held down the power
button, and still nothing. the light comes on the the ac
adapter is plugged in, as well as a light briefly flashes when
i push the power button. but it still doesnt turn on. i am kind of
upset that it is no longer working. any suggestions???????
HP Recommended

I thought my laptop had some problem in its' switch. Initially i pressed it so hard. But thanks to you i manage to turn on my laptop without any trouble. And i know there is some problem in my batteries, and hope yo fix that. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Was working fine one day and then the next it will not turn on.  When I push the power button, the light beside it blinks.  The indicator lights beside the Ac Adaptor blinks from white to orange.  I've tried the trick with unplugging and holding the power button down, but it didn't work. I've replaced the battery (it had been giving me a message that it needed replacing).  I have a HP Pavillion dv6-3032us.  Any thoughts?

HP Recommended
May I ask what is an ad adapter?
I'm not so familiar with computers.
My computer won't turn on either.
My I go battery charger keeps blinking when I plug it in.
And my computer is about 11 months old?
I don't remember.
I have full faith I can fix it, the only problem is I don't know what an ac adapter is.
Please reply!
HP Recommended
Ac adapter I mean.
HP Recommended
Wouldn't turn on when I did your steps.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.