Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 12 2-2 M7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new Hp Spectre 12 2-1 m7 detachable  worked fine the first four times I turned it on. Then I put in Google Chrome and it gave me the blue screen of death..I rebooted and then the mouse started working funny or the screen will not come on at all. I eventually got the screen on to uninstall Google Chrome which really did not help. So i get  black screen with a lit keyboard and sometime I can get the screen but then the mouse acts up. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may have a hardware problem that only appeared to be connected to Chrome install. You have a 1 yr warranty.  >>Contact HP

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You may have a hardware problem that only appeared to be connected to Chrome install. You have a 1 yr warranty.  >>Contact HP

HP Recommended

I truly appreciate and believe that could be it. After a recovery didn't work I packaged it up and requested an exchange....
There should be a pre warning somewhere from HP or Chrome if there is any possibility messing up the device like that. Once again I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Can you tell me your suggestion of the best alternative to Chrome for the Spectre 12 2-1 m7?

Sincerely

Bmont

HP Recommended

I use Chrome on my laptop. I really don't think that is what caused the problem with your laptop.

HP Recommended

Are you serious?... is is an HP or Hp Spectre x2 Windows 10?

After the answer about Chrome yesterday I actually read in another thread that Chrome messes up the Spectre on Windows 10 so it made me feel a little better. After about 25 tries to turn on the screen it finally came on and I did the recovery. After that the screen would not turn on again so I put in the box for shipping : ) 

Do you think its hardware or programing? I sent it back and am expecting a new one but am afraid to put Chrome on it now.

I am thinking of just using Explorere or Firefox?..and by the way I know just enough to get to make it worse.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have been using Chrome for the past 3-4 yrs on various HP laptops (on loan from HP for testing).Last year on an Envy X2. This year on an ENVY-15t-ae100.

HP Recommended

Any of those on Windows 10?... can that be an issue with Chrome or HP?

Either way thank you!

HP Recommended

Envy X2 and the one I'm using now both on Windows 10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.