10-01-2013 10:51 PM
I don't know why. Usually it will turn on and off if I hit it in the corner a certain number of times (like 3-4 I think) but all I did was try wake my computer up and the touchpad wasn't doing anything. I hit a few random keys and got the password screen, but I still couldn't get my touchpad to work. I had to plug in a mouse. I hit the area that turns it on and off, but nothing is happening. I don't know if there is a key that turns it on and off that I hit but I don't see one. I went into the control panel and it said that the touchpad was there and registering, but it still wasn't working. On my old laptop it would say "enabled" or "disabled" and I could change between the two, but I don't see anything like that. Using my mouse it getting really annoying. How do I fix this?
My laptop has windows 8. I don't know what model, but I just got it in March.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)