02-02-2014 11:48 AM
here is the official link to the package:
there is no support for Windows 8.1 Devices (see Compatibility)
I tried installing in compatibility mode, but no use. I was not able to "Enable" the protection.
This is seriously bugging me.
Hp needs to release an update.
Hp is Going from Good to worse. next time i will buy Lenovo,
PS: If you Are about to update from win8 to 8.1 DONT! Hp doesn't really care about ur device once sold.
02-02-2014 12:58 PM
What is the full model # of your notebook?
Please post the hardware ID for the Other Device in the device manager (the 3D driveguard).
After you click on the device, use this guide as an example for where to find the hardware ID.
There are a couple of variations...one is HPQ0004 and one is HPQ6007
There are W8.1 drivers for it if you know where to look.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)