03-08-2014 06:36 PM
03-12-2014 12:27 PM
Hi dreamseller, welcome to the HP Forums. There are many causes for low brightness. My main concern would be the physical component of having to tilt it in just the right way to get a display at all. This would seem like there is a short in the cable internally, or an issue with the LCD itself. Regardless, since there are many causes, I have provided many documents, one of which may hopefully recitify and remove the need to hold a flashlight to see what you are doing.
Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7)
Display is Dim During or After Startup or Boot
Resolving Problems with the Brightness of the Display
Display and Keyboard Dims Using the Proximity Sensor
I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)