Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 ak031tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Forum,

Symptoms:

My new Pavilion 15 ak031tx gaming laptop is slow with basic tasks and multitasking. Slow access time is observed when shuting apps, starting apps, opening start menu, starting file explorer, loading content in file explorer, and saving documents. Time taken to boot up is reasonable. No disturbing hard disc noise heard.

Steps attempted:

Slowness remained despite having completed updates, disc optimisation, disc defragmentation, and disc wipe.

Suggestions:

Perhaps my laptop hard disc is defective. I would like to have HP Onsite Diagnosis & Repair.

Software & Driver Changes:

All fully updated.

Malicious Software Checks:

No malicious software detected.

Connection: Steady & Fast

Thank you.

Faithfully,

Aradelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Aradelle,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that since you purchased your notebook it has slow performance. You have done updates, checked for malicious software, and optimized, defragmented the drive to no avail. Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10). As you would like to test the hard drive here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎 You will note there is an option to test the hard drive.  If no issues are found, and the issue remains. as this is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Aradelle,

Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that since you purchased your notebook it has slow performance. You have done updates, checked for malicious software, and optimized, defragmented the drive to no avail. Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10). As you would like to test the hard drive here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎 You will note there is an option to test the hard drive.  If no issues are found, and the issue remains. as this is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Alright, will do as suggested then let you know the outcome. :catvery-happy:

HP Recommended

For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. Here is a link to HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10). As you would like to test the hard drive here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎 You will note there is an option to test the hard drive.  If no issues are found, and the issue remains. as this is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support.

Hi @Sparkles1,

I have tried out the suggestions recommended as above but the problem seems to persist.

Upon checking the task manager, the system service seems to be taking up a lot of memory, occasionaly occupying 100% disk space as well. I will contact HP Support for further assistance. Thank you. :cathappy:

Task Manager Screenshot

Yours sincerely,

Aradelle

HP Recommended

Hi @Aradelle,

Thank you for keeping me updated.  Please let me know the outcome after contacting HP Support.

Have a terrific weekend!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi @MyeMye,

Thank you for keeping me updated.  Please do let me know how it goes.   Cat Happy

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.