12-30-2013 10:50 PM
Last week I spilled water over my HP Pavilion dv6 keyboard while it was on, which caused the keyboard to stop functioning. I ordered a new keyboard from ebay and it arrived today. I took out the old keyboard and put in the new one (had difficult time trying to feed the ribbon at the end of the keyboard through the pins), however when I turned the laptop on, only a handful of keys were working while others weren't. I took the keyboard out and put it back in and still some keys would work fine and others won't... What could have gone wrong?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)