Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
  1. Yup I am on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and the battery is indicating 3 hrs 20 min left at 63% charge...if Microsoft can do it why cant HP do it??

Help!

Alex

HP Recommended

This fact is unacceptable for me! Windows is designed to show the estimate of the remaining battery time. The user has to decide if he wants this estimate - not HP!

A simple option in the BIOS-menu would be more than sufficient.

I'm very dissapointed by this "trick" to hide the poor battery life of the Spectre x360. If this issue won't be fixed, I will return my new Skylake HP Specter x360 during next week.

There are even related posts at microsoft forums and several people claim to own a spectre x360: Link

HP Recommended

I have been working with this issue for a few months now and it has been escalated to then next level of support and have an escalation manager assigned.

We have shared several emails and phone calls in this time.

My last response that there is no fix and they havent found anyone in HP that gives a darn about our complaints.

Its really sad with a $1500 laptoo, one that was touted as being co-designed with Microsoft that HP is not addresing this issue?

What is HP hiding?

My thoughts on HP products just went downhill a BIG amount.

Alex

HP Recommended

Clealy a stupid "answer." If the feature were "removed" then who put the word "calculating" there?

Most people working for HP have no idea what they are talking about and are basically apologists for their company's shoddy workmanship and lack of customer care.

Making up "answers" to questions is just what I would expect from you bozos.

It is a bug - simple as that. The fact that other companies don't provide time left is just another facade - and as another poster has shown it is also not true - just a witless comment to make that "HP employee" feel like he is smart.

Idiots.

Don't tell me why a crappy product should make me happy. That is not your job.  Fix the **bleep** bug and stop lying about what is possible.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Well I wouldnt be that harsh on them!!

I absolutley agree that they should FIX this simple issue.

I went thru 2 Micrsoft Surface Books and took both of them back because of AC Hum on the headphone audio output jack!!

This is even more crappy than this battery calculating issue!

Alex

HP Recommended

Someone should open a new issue at this board, as this on has been marked as "solved"...

Perhaps we get more attention there

HP Recommended

Me too, I have spent nearly two hours troubleshooting this error and now I discover that it's intended as a feature!!! Wow, come on HP don't waste our valuable time, put this back how it needs to be and then just live with the reality that you marketed a product as having a 12 hour battery life whilst in reality it barely reaches half of that.

HP Recommended

@agrt2000 wrote:

Someone should open a new issue at this board, as this on has been marked as "solved"...

Perhaps we get more attention there

Good idea, I've just done it:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-Time-Remaining-continuou...

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.