Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

To Erico:

I have seen an IDE interfaced SSD advertised.  I know that Fry's, e.g.., only carries SATA SSD modules so maybe what I saw was incorrect advertising.  If I actually find a shippable module I will let you know.  I think the 2 eSata and 2 USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter is probably the way to go.  I can use a USB network adapter to replace the cardbus network adapter on this machine.

Thanks for the info on the two AMD processor modules not being compatible socketwise.  I don't know where else I would find that information.

You are a phenomenal resource for this information.

Thanks,

Wand

HP Pavilion tx2120us running Win7 Ultimate
System Admin and Analyst
HP Recommended

I had a online conversation with a tech from HP last night where he told me that my processor was intergal to the motherboard and could not be upgraded.  I wanted to know if I could put a quad core in.  Anyone know differently?  My system is:

HDX18-1200

Core Duo T9600 2.80 GHz

8 GB RAM

GeForce GT 130M

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you were told that the processor could not be replaced you were given incorrect information.

Here is a link to the Maintenence and Service Guide.

If you will look in the sequential parts listing you will see that HP part number 500606-001 is an Intel Core2 Duo QX9300 @2.53 Ghz complete with thermal interface material. That is a reasonably fast quad processor.

The Maintenance and Service manual has instructions on how to replace the processor. Folow the instructions to the letter and use an anti-static wrist band for the processor and memory modules.

regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

The above url is the HP Partner Services Media Library.

It provides the additional resources to assist you for your HP product/products. It also provides all necessary video and procedures for you to remove/replace any hardware components if you want to "DIY" your HP products.

Have fun .....

HP Recommended

Would any of the new i7 processors work?  I tried typing my mother board info into Intel's compatibility tool but got nothing.

HP Recommended

Even if the chipset supports new i7 CPUs, BIOS will be the next hurdle.

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

I'm having HP HDX X16-1355ee notebook (model no: NW728EA). This one has an integrated HP DVB-T TV Tuner. Can u please let me know the part number of this one? Also, I need to know if there is any other TV Tuner available which is compatible with this notebook. Im looking at replacing the current one.

I raised this b4, but didnt get proper answer. So, asking again. Thanks

Regards,

Elang

HDX 16 1355ee
(Centrino2 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM,
500 GB HDD, GeForce GT 130M)
HP Recommended

Hi,

@Elang_V wrote:

Hi Erico,

I'm having HP HDX X16-1355ee notebook (model no: NW728EA). This one has an integrated HP DVB-T TV Tuner. Can u please let me know the part number of this one? Also, I need to know if there is any other TV Tuner available which is compatible with this notebook. Im looking at replacing the current one.

I raised this b4, but didnt get proper answer. So, asking again. Thanks

Regards,

Elang

Elang,

If you can open the cover on the bottom of your laptop and give me the part numbet of the installed TV Tuner module, perhaps I can help. Without that module part number I am working in the blind here. 

The compatible part numbers are as follows for TV Tuner modules for your laptop. Source HP Maintenance and Service guide for the HP HDX 16 Entertainment PC series

482899-001    NTSC/ASC/ANG   TV Tuner moule

482899-002   DVB-T/ANG            TV tuner module

482899-003   DVB-T                      TV tuner module

regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks Erico.

The part number of the TV Tuner module in my notebook (HP HDX X16-1355ee) is 482467-003.

Please let me know if any other TV Tuner is compatible. From HP PartSurfer, i found one DVB-T/ANG TV Tuner with part number 482467-002. Will this be compatible with my notebook?

Regards,

Elang

HDX 16 1355ee
(Centrino2 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM,
500 GB HDD, GeForce GT 130M)
HP Recommended

I am online with the HP parts store chat asking if it is compatible.  

Here is a link to all of the replaceable parts for your model 

Can you  find the number that says replace with hp spare or the sps number on a white label on the part itself?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.