Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Product Number LF157UA#ABA

HP Pavilion g7-1075dx Notebook PC Product Specifications

1.I need product information.What kind of motherboard is this?

2.What is the memory Max Mhz Ghz?

3.What Graphics cards are available and how much are they?

As well as location of purchase?

An can they by added to this system?

4.Do you have a Solid State Drive at 60 Gigs at around $79.99?

5.This systems generating a lot of Heat and is there a cooler for this system that i can purchase in later months?

6.Is this system capable of being upgraded via Removal of the Processor to a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T B.E Hy-T or 1100T B.E Hy-T?

HP Recommended

Sorry to disappoint, but this is not sales. This is the consumer forum.

You should try the product sales web portal.

I can tell you that  being able to purchase an SSD drive for $79.99 is not going to happen  for at least the next few years. SSD drives are high-end high performance items that you must pay premium prices for.  

@Warsun wrote:

Product Number LF157UA#ABA

HP Pavilion g7-1075dx Notebook PC Product Specifications

1.I need product information.What kind of motherboard is this?

2.What is the memory Max Mhz Ghz?

3.What Graphics cards are available and how much are they?

As well as location of purchase?

An can they by added to this system?

4.Do you have a Solid State Drive at 60 Gigs at around $79.99?

5.This systems generating a lot of Heat and is there a cooler for this system that i can purchase in later months?

6.Is this system capable of being upgraded via Removal of the Processor to a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T B.E Hy-T or 1100T B.E Hy-T?

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

People, here's the final update in my upgrade of hard disk saga 🙂

As I said, I had done the clone quite a few times and it still wouldn't boot. After asking around, looking at the drives, scratching my head, and finally asking at the Western Digital forums, I finally understood what was wrong, and what I had been missing. Remember that first picture of the two drives side-by-side?:

A02-1 Closeup on connectors.jpg

Notice how the Seagate drive (on the left) has those pins sticking out of it that the Western Digital drive (on the right) does not?

A02-2 Closeup on connectors Seagate Momentus 5400.3.jpg

Well, it turns out that that is an adapter, which extends the pins from the drive so that they will reach the corresponding connectors within the case. When I'd put the WD drive in the laptop it didn't have that adapter -- so there was a gap between pins of the drive, and the sockets in the case. That's why the drive wasn't booting, because the drive was not making any contact with the sockets. D'oh!

I've outlined that adapter in red in this next photo -- and the arrow points to where you can see the connectors from the drive peeking out from the gap between the adapter and the drive itself:

A02-3 Closeup on connectors Seagate Momentus 5400.3.jpg

Here's a similar drive with the adapter pulled off. As you can see, the pins here look almost exactly like they do on the Western Digital drive in the first picture.

A02-4 Closeup on connectors WITHOUT adapter Seagate Momentus 5400.3.jpg

The final solution, therefore: open up my dv6910us, unscrew and pull out the Seagate drive from the caddy, grasp the adapter with thumb and forefinger of one hand, grab the sides of the the drive with the other hand, and pull the adapter right off. Then I slipped the adapter onto my WD drive, screwed the drive back into the caddy and placed the caddy back in the laptop, screwed everything down, pressed the ON switch -- et voilà! My laptop immediately booted up into my Windows Vista installation, with all my files, programs, etc. exactly as I'd left them.

I'm typing from the laptop now, and have almost 560 GB free on my machine. At last! 🙂

Thanks to everyone here and especially thanks to erico. You rock!

HP Recommended

I just tried updating the BIOS on a DV9010us that I recently received from a friend.  The BIOS on the machine was F.41 and an F.43 upgrade was supposed to be available.  When I went to install it, it was actually an F.38 BIOS that was downloaded.  I tried to report this to HP, but HP not wanting to hear from out-of-warranty customers prevented this.  I thought I would post it here just in case some HP employee cared to try to fix this problem with their driver downloads and to warn others about the problem.

HP Pavilion tx2120us running Win7 Ultimate
System Admin and Analyst
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@wand wrote:

I just tried updating the BIOS on a DV9010us that I recently received from a friend.  The BIOS on the machine was F.41 and an F.43 upgrade was supposed to be available.  When I went to install it, it was actually an F.38 BIOS that was downloaded.  I tried to report this to HP, but HP not wanting to hear from out-of-warranty customers prevented this.  I thought I would post it here just in case some HP employee cared to try to fix this problem with their driver downloads and to warn others about the problem.

It turns out the problem is that there is a default BIOS.WPH in the directory that is actually a copy of the F.38 BIOS.  When I deleted the original BIOS.WPH and renamed the 30B7F43.WPH to BIOS.WPH and then ran the program the update occurred correctly.  Just a heads up.  Other BIOS upgrade programs allow you to change the name from within the program so I don't know if this is a poorly implemented program by HP or something else I missed in the instructions.  So it isn't as easy to use as I expected, but it does work.

By the way I'm using the DV9010us as a replacement for my tx2120us since it died last week due to the overheating problem.  Although the dv9000s have the same processor and graphics this unit is running almost 60 degrees cooler than my tx2000 did.  Doubt that I'll be having the overheating problems with this one.  I'm going to have the tx2120us re-balled by PC Pitstop in Avon, NY and hopefully this will restore it.  I love the tx, but this dv9000's 17 inch screen is wonderful compared to the 12.1 inch screen of the tx.  I've always used an external monitor at home anyway, so the DV9000 will become my wife's new machine to replace her old Compaq Presario 715us laptop that is 8+ years old.

HP Pavilion tx2120us running Win7 Ultimate
System Admin and Analyst
HP Recommended

i just wanted to let you guys know that i tried to upgrade a presario v5204nr from its celeron m 410 1.46ghz to a core 2 duo t5200 (sl9vp) and it wasn't compatible. i know the laptop works cause when i swap it to the celeron it works fine and when trying out the t5200 it just sits there on a black screen. the cpu was tested working so its not the cpu. i have the latest f24 bios update and i do know my way around the inside of a laptop. i took your advice erico by trying out the t5xxx assuming it should work since the bus speeds were the same 533mhz.

these were statements made to bios rev. for this laptop:

-Adds support for Intel Core Duo Processor T2050,
Intel Core Duo Processor T2250, and Intel Core Solo Processor T1350.
-Update processor Micro Code to support D0 stepping processor.
-Supports Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.

erico you had said this earlier in the thread regarding the same laptop:

"The T5200, T5300 and T1350 should work with your laptop for upgrades.
They are reported to work with other makers laptop with the same chipset
that yours has.   These processors have the same FSB as your Celeron M.
Anything with a higher designation number is reported to not work."

here are specs to the t5200

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL9VP.html

i did further research and found that the southbridge only supports up to 33w tdp max.
http://ark.intel.com/products/27680/Intel-82801GBM-IO-Controller

whereas the t5200 tdp is 34w.
this is the specs to the t2250 which runs at tdp 31w.
http://ark.intel.com/products/27232/Intel-Core-Duo-Processor-T2250-%282M-Cache-1_73-GHz-533-MHz-FSB%...

i took a look at the list of core 2 duo mobile processors with the m socket and found they all fall in the range of 34-35w tdp.

whereas the core duo mobile processors are around 31w tdp. which leads me to believe the statement made concerning the core 2 duo support in the bios rev. was a typo and was referring to core duo.

if i'm wrong about something let me know. more importantly i just wanted to let the public know about the incompatibility.

HP Recommended

hello all

is it possible to upgrade the CPU on Compaq Presario CQ71-403SA Notebook PC, of so which type or up to what please?

Current CPU is

Processor

● Intel® Pentium® Processor T4400

● 2.2 GHz, Level 2 cache 1 MB, Intel® PM45

cheers

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a laptop HP Pavilion g4 1085la.  It came with Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits and 4GB RAM.

I increased RAM to 8 GB RAM DDR· (2 slots of 4 GB RAM) but now the laptop is slower.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?  The only program installed after the RAM increasing was Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

David

HP Recommended

Off-topic to the thread title - but overheating ... very common to all powerful notebooks.

Searching You-tube on DV7, I found notebook repair shops  advising to use a soldering iron, making ventilation holes near the CPU, GPU etc, in the plastic under the case ... none can see it, etc.

On my many powerful notebooks, I removed the HDD plastic cover commpletely, and taped/ wired the HDD into place.  On my new Pavvy DV7, LD949PA#ABG, the online pdf manuals explain how ro update, clean ... the unit, but it had WARRANTY VOID protection stickers on the one large case-bottom cover.  My previous notebooks had many smaller covers.

ATM I have a fan-forced laptop cooler underneath, but my CPU  often reports overheating (room temperature in our Australian winter is 17 degrees centigrade).  Summer .... might need to break the Warranty stickers.  Clean soldering the air-holes means removingg the plastic underplate - for a clean, professional appearance.

Retired (car accident = crippled)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.