Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@TomHuffman wrote:

OK, upgrading the system board is an acceptible solution. What are my options and at what cost?

Are the boards listed in the graphic you show my options? The A8-6410 circled above appears to be my best option, yes?

Thanks.

This is not a business unit of HP nor am I an employee.

HP is not in the business of upgrading notebooks for customers.

You can do an online search with Google or Bing to find the best price for the new systemboard.

If you purchase a CPU from HP, the price will be considerably higher. You can then either install it yourself or have it done by a professional.  The A8-6410  systemboard is your best option.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to upgrade the memory to my HP G62-a50EV notebook from 4GB to 8GB. On the product specifications says that the maximum memory is up to 4GB, but on the service guide says that it can be up to 8GB. Which of the two is correct?

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Ive been researching this topoic for a while and coming up short of my answer. I have a DV6875se with a T5550 CPU  and from my understanding a Quanta 30D2 motherboard.  Im planning on upgrading the CPU and RAM. Ram will be 2G X 2 800mhz and the CPU I want to put in is a T9900 which I understand is 1066mhz FBS. I guess the question I'm asking is if it is possible to update the BIOS to run the FBS at 1066mhz on the current chipset or do I need to go with a T9500 at 800mhz? I cant seem to find a straight forward answer anywhere. I understand most likely the current update for the BIOS  won't let me change the FBS, however maybe theres a modified version somewhere to be able to do so. Ive been searching google high and low to no avail. Please let me know. Also, if that is not an option will a T9500 Suffice at 800mhz?

HP Recommended

@dmembra wrote:

Hello,

I would like to upgrade the memory to my HP G62-a50EV notebook from 4GB to 8GB. On the product specifications says that the maximum memory is up to 4GB, but on the service guide says that it can be up to 8GB. Which of the two is correct?

Thank you in advance.

The specifications recommendation is correct for a 32-bit OS. For a 64-bit OS you can install a maximum of 8GB. Only purchase guaranteed compatible memory modules with a one year warranty.

Crucial memory sells 4GB modules that will work. Part #: 2xCT51264BF160B

Here is the search I did to find modules. Do the same thing locally to find vendors in your region of the world.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=G62-a50EV+memory+upgrade&oq=G62-a50EV+memory+upgrade&aqs=chrome..69i5...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

First the BIOS would need to support the CPU, which from everything I have seen the BIOS doesn't. It won't hurt to try, but it doesn't seem likely.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.