Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hey @saahir ,

Hey np with issues I understand you were upset. Here is a link to your manual page 66 for the keyboard. You might need to replace the heat sink paste on the Notebook page 84. Here is a Youtube video that shows you how to do that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi

2 questions:

a) Can u please advise me how to disassemble this notebook to clean the GPU fan?

b) The latest driver for my GPU was released 31 July 2014, according to the following link:http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp​-pavilion-dv6-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri.... So, do you know whether AMD will release another update for this driver?

Thanks

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

Soory only saw your new message nwo.. Will check it out:smileywink:

HP Recommended

Hi

Only today I got the chance to dissamble the notebook... But the laptop won't turn on now.. When I connect the charger though, it shows its charging. RAM and HDD is definately seated correctly

HP Recommended

Hey @saahir ,

I recommend taking the Notebook to a repair facility where they could test the Notebook parts. They could tell you what part is not working correctly.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I experienced the same issue over 3 months later I just cleaned my laptop fan then it was fixed and I found some thing useful from this link and followed them 

How to fix overheating laptop problem 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.