Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-3040ep
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I've been looking to upgrade my RAM for my PC notebook HP Pavilion dv6-3040ep.

Currently it has 2x (taken from passmark.com)

Ram Type: DDR3,

Maximum Clock Speed (MHz): 667 (JEDEC),

Maximum Transfer Speed (MHz):  DDR3-1333,

Maximum Bandwidth (MB/s): PC3-10600,

Memory Capacity (MB): 2048

Manufacture Name: Samsung

I found using eu.crucial.com 

http://eu.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?displayCompatibleLogo=1&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10152&pro...

but from the prices i saw on other sites, quite expensive overrall, for ex 

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35GYE

which is almost 10€ less, but if the overrall quality is better, I don't mind buying the more expensive one.

From what I've learned, it can only have 2x 4gb RAM to be maxed out.

So, I woud like to ask if both are equally fine, if they will be compatible with my PC. Just want to make sure before I purchase, and what better place than here to ask? 🙂

Also, Is there any other care that you think I should have before and after the switch? Any advices are welcome!

Best regards,

Paulo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PauloMM

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can purchase the memory what you shared in the last post.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @PauloMM

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the memory on the computer and wanted to know which memory to purchase.

I’d love to help!

I checked your computer product specification and I see that your computer has DDR3 PC3-10600 1333-MHz memory and as you have mentioned the max memory you can installed on the computer is 8GB.

When you are upgrading the memory, make sure that the speed of the memory is PC3-10600 1333-MHz and it is DDR3.

Hope that answers your question.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, just to make sure, can it be this one, for exemple?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PC3-10600-1333MHz-SO-DIMM-Upgrade/dp/B003XN3BZC/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UT...

It's just so i don't make any mistake 🙂

Not sure also, if there are various sizes for the RAM addons, or are they always the same?

best regards,

Paulo

HP Recommended

Hi @PauloMM

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can purchase the memory what you shared in the last post.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.