Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the following driver:

PCI Simple Communications Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1521103C&REV_06

It is for a EliteBook 8540p running on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bits.

I already tried to install the following paqs:

SP48432 - Intel Chipset Installation Utility

SP59684 - Intel Management Engine Components Driver and Interface

SP61781 - HP Notebook xx40/xx45 Windows 7 Driver Pack

SP57171 - Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

SP57372 - Original Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

Also, went to Intel.com and run the "detect drivers".

It proposed me these 2 drivers, which I tried to install but still didn't work:

infinst911autol - INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets

MEI_ALLOS_6.1.0.1042_PVIntel® ME: Management Engine Driver for Intel 5 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards

Am I missing something here?

Can someone help?

Thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moevd from NonStop OS to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp Forum Moderator

Have a nice day!!!

JEFF
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry Paul for never given a feedback.

However, after testing, rebuilding, more testing, more rebuildings, I just gave up.

I disable it on Control Panel and no issues since...

It is funny that for W8.1 and W10 it works fine with the very same driver (SP59684) that was supposed to work for w7  🙂

Anyway, thanks!

Have a nice day!!!

JEFF

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try this one.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

If it doesn't install automatically, try manually installing it by going to the device manager, click on the PCI Simple Comms Controller, click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Selec the Browse My  Computer for Software method and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp47053.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and hopefully the driver will install that way.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

It didn't work.

At first, I got an EM (see PS1) in Attachments.

I clicked Yes, and installation run for a while.

Then, I got a second EM (see PS2).

Try to run manually (update driver).

Got another EM (PS3).

Any other suggestions?

Have a nice day!!!

JEFF
HP Recommended

Hi, Jeff:

That is a stubborn one!

What happens if you run this driver?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&...

HP Recommended

My (often) recommended solution is to run Softpaq Download Manager (www.hp.com/go/sdm) and let it tell you what needs updated and/or missing. it even has a search field to plug in the pci id and look up the driver for the device

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I know this tread is old. But I just spend some hours in updating my driver installers for a fresh and new Windows 7 Installation.

My Windows 7 64 Bit installation on my EliteBook 8540p said:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1521103C&REV_06

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

I used sp59684.exe which has the Version 6.2.40.1045 and which I could download from the HP Update website (from a HP HP EliteBook 2540p Notebook PC).

Download it here

Maybe this helps solving your issues.

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Doesn't work for W7.

However, this driver works fine for W10x64, in case someone need it!

Have a nice day!!!

JEFF
HP Recommended

Sorry Paul for never given a feedback.

However, after testing, rebuilding, more testing, more rebuildings, I just gave up.

I disable it on Control Panel and no issues since...

It is funny that for W8.1 and W10 it works fine with the very same driver (SP59684) that was supposed to work for w7  🙂

Anyway, thanks!

Have a nice day!!!

JEFF
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.