Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, hope someone could help :-). I have this old HP keyboard SK-2511A, which I like a lot, it was an excellent product. Forgot it in a box for years and now I found it and really like to use it again. Do you know where I could find a win 7 ultimate 64b driver? Many thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@user314

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@user314

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your HP keyboard and you are unable to use is on your computer.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Check if the keyboard is detected in the device manager.
  • If it is detected, right click on it and click on update driver software option.
  • Then restart the computer.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Many thanks for your advice. The keyboard appears as unknown usb device in Device Manager. Have done the driver update and then restart. If do it once more, I get a message like the most updated driver is installed. Still, none of the keyboard keys works.

Many thanks for help.
HP Recommended

@user314

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.