04-12-2011 10:53 PM
Since owning this computer I've never been able to get the built in webcam to operate. I've tried unstalling and reinstalling the drivers to no avail. The only driver available on the support site is the SmartWebcam application, however whenever I run this, it says that no webcam is detected. When I access the device manager there is only the driver for the webcam splitter. When I use Skype or any similar program, all that is shown where the camera display should be is a grahic which says "HP Webcam" or some such.
Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)