Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

its been 1 year since i bought my hp dv6.now its overheating for the last few weeks.and suddenly 1 day i get a thermal shutdown.what am i supposed to do now.i hav stopped playing games.all i do is browse n see movies.now ders not much problem.

should i replace my fan????

HP Recommended

hi.clean the fan and change the thermal paste .

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VMqrudLhJA

HP Recommended

I recently replaced thermal paste. Here a few pictures of it.
Result: 10 degrees less hot, and appears to be faster

2012-06-30 13.10.36.jpg2012-06-30 13.10.59.jpg2012-06-30 13.11.11.jpg2012-06-30 13.15.00.jpg2012-06-30 13.36.13.jpg2012-06-30 13.44.13.jpg2012-06-30 13.44.04.jpg2012-06-30 13.36.32.jpg2012-06-30 13.36.13.jpg

HP Recommended

i cleaned my fans..now it s not heating..but i have a new problemmmm!!

WHENEVER I START A GAME,within 3 mins it says thermal shutdown(90d)..**bleep**!!

i'm pretty sure the temp is normal..wot to do nw??

HP Recommended
Your laptop is shutting down because he's to hot. You got the message that he is shutting down because he is 90 graden degrees. Bad thing bro
HP Recommended

no..its not hot..i double chekd the temp using real temp...its jz 45

HP Recommended

You got this message? Please download http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ and give me a screenshot of this program when you are running a game.

Knipsel.PNG

HP Recommended

Hey, so I've been having heating issues as well.  Browsing the Internet is usually in the 55-65C range.  I'm going to reapply thermal paste in the next few days.  Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that one should also add copper to improve the heat conduction.  Can anyone give me a fuller description of what exactly this entails, what I need, how to do it, etc.?

HP Recommended

thisns the same message i get....n ma lap s nt warm at alll....

HP Recommended

55 -65 s ok i think..u can bring it down using cooling fan...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.