Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

{Personal Information Removed}
thank you!

HP Recommended

what can i do because my hd trueVision hd is not working.

HP Recommended

LIKELY CAUSE OF PROBLEM:

Connectors to Webcam not securely done. Poor workmanship courtesy of HP.

SOLUTION

Solution 1. Try squeezing down somewhat hard with your fingers, the parts just to the left and right of where the Webcam is. This alone worked for me.

Solution 2. If not, try to remove the black plastic thing surrounding the screen, starting from either the top right or top left corners. When the top part of the black plastic thing is sufficiently detached, you should be able to squeeze your finger in to press down the connector.

HP Recommended

@igotregistered wrote:

Here is the answer to fix your webcam when it disappears from device manager.

HP uses wiring connectors too short to connect the built in cam to the mother board. The reason it works out of the box, is because the machine hasn't ever been touched and no pressure has been applied to the chassis. Once pressure is applied, (ie. carrying, moving, storing, holding etc) the connector separates from the mother board.

Sorry folks. This is the only fix. Although this is an instruction how to remove and replace an LCD screen. All that is necessary to do is to follow up to the point of detatching the HD cam. As it's already detatched. Re-attach it and try using a piece o electrical tape to keep it in place.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/comment-page...

FINALLY!!

I've spent countless hours reading about this problem, with no satisfactory answer, until now. You've hit the jackpot!

I own a HP Pavilion dv6 and much like everyone else, was using the in-built Truevision HD webcam until it stopped detecting the same, with no presence of Ímaging Devices'in Device Driver.

While previous suggestions have been to update the drivers and possibly a System Restore and what not, all of this is NOT NEEDED.

It is indeed a loose connector problem, addressed by loosening the lcd panel and pressing down on the connector.

However, I didn't follow the intricate process of removing the panel. Straightaway prying open the top right and top left corners, and working my way to the centre of the screen did the trick. Tried pressing down on everything around the webcam, with no result. Finally, there seemed to be a white thingy to the right of the webcam, facing downwards. I sort of pushed that up with the edge of a knife. Voila!

Cheers to everyone who has helped! I was one step short of a system restore, and then I came across this. Saved in the nick of time!

HP Recommended

the fix to this issue of the camera not being recognized is indeed removing the bezel and reconnecting loose wires. it worked for me but might have to be done again on occasion because the silver inner frame is what is pressing on the bottom of the wire harness and causing it to become loose. every time you apply pressure to the area of the frame where the camera lens is located you risk loosening the wires. there should have been some type of locking mechanism on the plastic connector.  if this becomes annoying I might resort to applying some super glue.

Thanks to those who figured this out and helped the rest of us! Geek squad looked at my pc for 5 minutes and told me they had to send it out and change the mother board!!! what a waste of money on their protection and support plan 😞

HP Recommended

Uh huh! We have had the screen replaced recently! Picking the wire is not connected.

HP Recommended

mikewlane u roooooock :Surprise:

absolutly right

thank for the tip it work for me after were looking more than 6 hours for driver and then i found your fantastic post which works 100000%

thanks and thumbs up

HP Recommended

@Andrewdvquad wrote:

You know what it's probably both things that worked for me because my camera was not detected when I started using oovoo. Then I rolled back display adapter drivers, then found the settings in oovoo to fix the camera. 

HP Recommended

my semi-permanent fix was to loosen plastic bezel enough to get at the camera wiring harness, apply a drop of superglue and squeeze tight. I haven't had any issues since. don't waste time with tape because it will eventually loosen again. 

HP Recommended

Iam having the same problem since yesterday. I bought an Hp envy dv6 notebook 2 months ago. The camera worked fine until yesterday when there was no option of video call in skype. I checked if the webcam worked in several softwares like Youcam, But no software was able to detect the webcam. I hope the solution would be available soon. Some people in this forum said to take out the borders of the laptop and push the wires, I won't do it as it is too risky for me. I would never recommend Hp to any of my relatives or friends.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.