Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Sad to say I am also a Pavillion dv6700 victim. I was happy with my desktop but purchased a laptop for convenience and have experienced the same problem everyone has described. Thank you for the information so I will not waste any more money on this piece of junk. Hard to be homebound when the laptop goes belly up.

HP Recommended

MINE TOO!!!!!!!  1year 7months old -> Dead

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Mine lasted 2.5 years.  Was looking at new HP laptops till I read this forum.

DV6885se

We all know there is a problem, does anyone know an adapter that can be used on the hard disk to retrieve data?

Mine has a Hitachi  HTS542525K9SA00.

I have tried these adapters and they do not connect to the HDD.

this one reads like it will connect to anything, but sadly it won't connect to 2.5" SATA

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276554&Sku=ULT40112

next I tried this adapter with no success

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123312

is this an odd ball HDD that has a proprietary connector?

HP Recommended

@crapped_out

I have the Ultra connector from your first link, works great. Your hdd has a plastic adapter on the pins to allow connection to the laptop internal connector. Have you slid it off the pins?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

That worked.  Thought that was part of the HDD.

Many Thanks,

HP Recommended

Add me to the list, ours died yesterday.  Was working and then POOF...the blinking blue lights and nothing else going on.

Purchased in July 2008, so no warranty.  Will NOT be pursuing another HP product ever again. 

HP Recommended

I brought mine in July 2008 too so the warranty is gone. I'm having this problem too since the last 4 months.....That laptop has been lying around as scrap and the people at  HP World  say that the motherboard will have to be replaced. Its a total waste as so many people seem to be facing this problem. I have the dv6910us model with me and sadly I brought another HP laptop( HPG62) right before this one died...... I hope that this one doesn't end up the same way as the dv one.

HP Recommended

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/dates.html

You can try going to this site.....

HP Recommended

My DV6700 is doing the exact same thing. When I try to power it on, it will start to power on, the fan will come on, and after a second or so, nothing.  Then after a few seconds, it tries to cycle on again and continually goes through this process.  I have a dv2000 that is covered under the litigation, so hopefully I will get a new computer.  But the DV6700 (DV6910US) was our newest one.  I just got off the phone with HP tech support and he assured me that this computer didn't have the same issues as the ones covered under the litigation.  After reading these posts, I have a hard time believing him.  He said I could talk to tech support for $49.  A lot of good that will do.  I could also have phone tech support for one year for only $99.  If I want to send it to HP, he assured me also that any new motherboard they put in will not have the issues that the DV2000 had.  "The issues were corrected."  But he would not admit that my current MB had the same issue.  I could mail in my computer and they could repair it for $398, or I could buy a new MB and send in my old one for only $237.  If I really believed the new board would not have any problems, I would go for it.  I bought an external hard drive enclosure and was able to transfer all the data to an external hard drive.  Guess I need to decide whether to cook my board, send it off to have it done by the pros on EBAY, or by another MB from HP.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I went with the pros on EBAY.  Will let you know how it turns out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.