11-29-2013 03:55 PM
My HP pavilion won't start. We've tried everything: we removed battery, tried different AC power cords, talked with multiple tech support people, etc. Total time on phone with HP 6 1/2 hours. The computer is 16 months old and used as a back-up to an HP desktop and for travel. Well cared for and protected. We have spent many hours online in several forums today and have found that this is a common problem. Because the laptop is 16 months old it's out of warrenty and HP wants to charge us $329 to fix it. I'm Sorry HP- You've lost a loyal customer- currently we have 5 desktops, 4 printers, and 7 laptops in this household. This is a KNOWN ISSUE. We are not the only ones experiencing problem. Obviously there was a defect in the manufacturing of the video/graphics card or mother board. As a loyal customer we shouldn't have to pay for HP's mistakes. Automobile manufactures announce recalls when this type of thing happens. We've had enough. The customer service was sorely lacking. We are jumping ship. Going to Mac. As a former customer service rep, I feel sorry that HP's CS reps have their hands tied and can't resolve the issue to satisfy a loyal, long time customer . We feel that HP doesn't care about their customer relations.Good by HP.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)