Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, guys. You've just gave me hope that I'll make my old pavillion on feet again.

Got the same problem. DV9548us with GF 8600 MGS GPU.  I've allready tried to fix it more then 5 times but it not last for too long (I have 2 MB and 2 GPU nicely fried becouse of heating 🙂

So, I'll try to mount MB with intel GPU now. Can you tell me if I need any advice during install it in my model and if all works fine.

Thanks

HP Recommended
Mobo still working 100% great board still get a little warm with the battery attached when running with the power lead but over all no problems at all.

Very happy I decided to change the board instead of buying a new laptop.
HP Recommended

can you tell me where you buy this motherboard?

μπορεις να μου πεις απο που την πηρες;

pakis736173@gmail.com

HP Recommended
I was lucky to find a second user board eBay helped me... good luck
HP Recommended

I am trying to save my HP Pavilion DV9500 with the faulty Nvidia GPU 8400. Other than the 447984-001 system board, can you kindly list other compatible boards which do not have the Nvidia chip but integrated Intel graphics. A link to the Intel graphics driver would also be very helpful. -Many thanks! 

HP Recommended

This is the one and only Intel UMA board:

With UMA video system memory 447984-001

There are no other dv9500 boards that will accept an Intel processor but do not have a discrete nVidia video chip. These boards are rare as hen's teeth. Every tech savvy person who wanted to fix his or her dv9000 wanted this board. And they never made very many to begin with. 

But here is one for $75. I would jump on this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-motherboard-dv9000-447984-001-mainboard-90-Days-Warranty100-Fully-tested-...

HP Recommended

Thanks much!

HP Recommended

The main board was received yesterday. I have a few questions. Can I put the T7500 CPU from my old board onto the new board (it has a slower CPU 1.83 /2K/667 FSB) ? Will the bios update automatically? -- Thanks

HP Recommended

Yes you can swap processors. The BIOS will recognize the T7500 it was compatible with that model and offered by HP as an option. 

Use thermal paste correctly and carefully. 

HP Recommended

Main Board installed and the notebook works fine. The windows 8 user experience shows a 3.5 grade due to "low" graphics performance. Is there a better graphics driver than the Mobile Intel Express 965 chipset family currently in use?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.