08-01-2013 04:49 PM
My laptop dv6 2120sp was working fine until last week, I tried to turn it on and the lights would go on, I'd hear the fan but the screen would just go black - LED's were on but the CapsLock LED didn't respond. I've read some troubleshooting and tried the hard reset, pressing the power button for 15 seconds - and nothing.
Yesterday I thought of trying to power up the laptop, hoping for a miracle of somesort, but now pressing the power button just turns the computer (and the fan) for 1 second and immediately turning off again.
I've tried a brad new power adapter and the problem stays the same - computer will power up for close to 1 second, with or without battery, even with hard resets.
Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
08-02-2013 07:12 AM
08-02-2013 09:55 AM
I've gone through the troubleshooting you posted the first time this problem appeared. Then, there was only a black screen, computer powered up but no response, LED or beep codes.
Right now, after I've pressed the power button, it turns off almost immediately (close to one second). There is no beep or LED codes.
Do you have any idea what it could be?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)