05-15-2009 11:27 AM
The HP provided power supply assemply, called an adaptor by HP, which came with the Pavillion DV 6500 laptop, has an oversize plug that will not fit into the port /receptical on the laptop. To make the connection, HP provied a 4 inch (10 cm) connector wire that has a receptical on one end of the wire that will fit the oversize plug from the adaptor and a small plug on the other end of the wire that fits into the Pavillion laptop. It was supplied with the computer when purchased new. That connector wire has failed and I need to replace it. HP in India insists that I must purchase the higher assembly to get the little 4 inch connector and pay about $60.00 injcluding shipping. They also say that to get just the small wire I must pay $75.00 including shipping. What really chaps me is the fact that the 4 inch connector cost HP about 25 cents to make it and would probably sell for $5.00 if priced fairly.
I would like to find a replacement connector at a fair price. Can anyone help me or advise where I can find one.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)