Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

the last weeks I am experiencing this problem.

- The notebook turns on without any problems whether the battery is connected or not.

- The battery seems to have a 2% charge (windows reports so)

- If I remove the AC while battery is connected, computer looses power and turns off.

- Last week Windows was reporting "not charging" while this week it reports as charging but the percentage is not increasing.

- Whether the PC is on or off, the power LED shows up the same pattern. It is blinking orange and white non-stop.

- Tried other solutions from this forum like removing battery and AC and pressing power button to drain all power, replugging the AC and battery, etc.

- None of these solutions actually did not change anything.

5jjh7.gif

HP G62-b95ev - Windows 7 x64

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello vaiost,

I would like to assist with your HP G62-b95EV Notebook PC, if your battery charging light blinking orange and white.

I recommend following the links below and following the steps provided:

➡️ Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

➡️  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and calibrating the battery (Windows) 

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Anybody ?

HP Recommended

Hello vaiost,

I would like to assist with your HP G62-b95EV Notebook PC, if your battery charging light blinking orange and white.

I recommend following the links below and following the steps provided:

➡️ Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

➡️  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and calibrating the battery (Windows) 

Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your reply.

It's not a power supply or system board problem.

Didn't test the battery with the diagnostics tool but felt like the battery is dead, so I went ahead and ordered a replacement battery.

I'm still waiting for the battery to arrive. As soon as I fully charge it and use it, I will post a possible success/failure.

HP Recommended

For those wondering, the battery was dead.

I bought a new one and works fine

HP Recommended
I am experiencing the same exact symptoms EXCEPT I cannot power/use my computer by simply plugging it in.

Right now, the battey is inserted, the A/C cord is properly inserted into the HP laptop and live power outlet, the Orange light comes on, turns off, then the white, turns off and repeats (just like your GIF representation). Yet, the laptop does not power on ... it goes through the startup for 6 seconds then shuts off.

Any ideas? Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.