Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP 2000-363NR which boots with a blank screen and Cap Locks blink 13 times then turned off 

serial [Edited for Personal Information], out of warranty, sounds like very common symtoms, HP products defective ??

HP Recommended

My HP Pavilon dv7 - 3036ez does not blink any light than the power and media lights on the system and goes off immediately it is switched on.....Please solution is needed badly.....its the church database system.....thanks for prompt response

HP Recommended

Good Morning @Demay 

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a splendid  place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that when you power on your notebook powers up and the lights come on but then shuts down.

This could be caused by more then one reason.

Here is a link to Troubleshooting an Overheating and Auto Shutdown Issue.

Please let me know the outcome and do not hesitate to reply if you require additional assistance but please provide your Operating System.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I'm having a problem quite similar to yours as well. Just this morning as I was playing my xbox, I turned on my computer (atleast I tried too), but it never turned on. It would make a starting up sound as if it was turning on, but then 5 seconds later, it would just turn off. I panicked after this happened about 4 times and I tried rubbing my finger across the built-in mouse and pressing the power button multiple times, and still the fans sped up.... and my PC turned off again. It finally decided to somewhat cooperate when I heard the user login sound and I figured it must be turned on, yet the screen was still black. I plugged in my HDMI cable from my PC to the TV and there it was on my television... my homescreen. Then I just pressed f4 and made it duplicate both screens and it turned on my PC's screen. Even though my computer is about 4 and half years old, I'm pretty sure it isn't broken, but I would like some helpful answers or causes to this problem just in case it may happen again. It's making me quite paranoid!

And if your wondering, my computer model is the HP G62 Notebook PC.

HP Recommended

HI @Mr_Bean_506,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I grasp on startup your display is black or blank,  When you connected and external display and pressed F4 to make a duplicate screen  and both screens displayed.

Here are two links I think may help.

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 8/8.1, 7)

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo...

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below.

If this resolved your difficulty please tell people by choosing solution provided.

Hope this helps!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I thought I had this licked.

why has hp not fixed this.

a disgrace

HP Recommended

Hi @knurd,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Assuming you have the same issue and you have tried all the steps listed in my previous posts in this thread please contact HP support for assistance.  They can remotely connect to your system to help with alleviating issues.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
wow it really worked for me thanks
HP Recommended

my hp laptop turns on but  always shuts down after 30 seconds need help please

HP Recommended

Hi @purplesaint,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer shutting down . I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Is the computer shutting down or just sleeping? Is the fan still running?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.