03-04-2014 08:58 AM
My V2000 is running with 2-256MB chips, 512Mb total. I upgraded to 2 -512MB chips, 1 GB total, but the machine will only recognized 512 MB. I upgraded the BIOS and AMD driver to the latest, and still it will not recognize the larger memory though it runs fine with the new chips in place but only useing 512 MB of RAM
03-04-2014 09:20 AM - edited 03-04-2014 09:21 AM
The Manual only lists Intel processors in that model but does say it should take at least up to 1 gig of RAM if not 2. Which processor do you have? Can you find a precise model number? V2000 is the series and there should be a full model number out to 4 digits and some letters. It uses DDR-266 RAM and sometimes if you try to put in -333 or -400 it does not recognize it properly. Also if the original RAM had modules on both sides or only on one side of the chip you should replace with like kind.
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)