Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello
My laptop is an HP ProBook 4520, its running a 64 bit version of windows 7 , and recently, it stopped booting up succesfully. suddenly I turn it on and the screen stayed balck and there is high fan avtivity the computer would power up, the screen would stay dead, and the caps lock lights would blink regularly 3 times each time.

I've tried to remove the battery and pressed the power botton for a minute and turn it on with the ac adapter only but no luck same problem again.

Any suggestions? I'm sure it's out of warantee.

Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The "three" blink sequence says it is memory.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Caps Lock/Num Lock3MemoryMemory module error not functional

Reseat memory modules (see next section).

Test memory from UEFI or BIOS.

Replace bad memory modules.

Service

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The "three" blink sequence says it is memory.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Caps Lock/Num Lock3MemoryMemory module error not functional

Reseat memory modules (see next section).

Test memory from UEFI or BIOS.

Replace bad memory modules.

Service

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thx it works i got it fixed
HP Recommended

You are welcome!

Happy New Year 2013 !

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I have the same problem but without the three caps blink. Hp probook 4520s starts as normal, but the screen is off. The wifi LED used to turn white, but now it just stays yellow. I hear the fan working, and the drive or proccesor led is blinking as if it's working. After some time it reboots and goes into a reboot loop. I cannot see anything on the screen. No sound either
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.