12-06-2013 09:24 AM
I have a new Windows 8 HP laptop and I am trying to create the recovery disks. After being frustrated to find out that the USB drive that I have won't work (it is Windows 8 compatible), I went with optical drive. The program recognizes the drive and says that I need 6 disks, but it stalls when I put the disk in. I get a message saying, "The insterted media is not supported!!" I am using the recommended DVD+R, which my drive can read, and this is the same media that I used to create recovery disks for my old Windows 7 machine. I just want the recovery disks, why is this so difficult?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)