04-08-2011 11:34 AM
I recently purchased the HP Pavilion dv6-3217cl and the left and right arrow keys are not working. I have looked up other users with similar issues on their laptop computers but the only answer that is ever given is to send your laptop in for repair. I really don't want to do that so is there any possible solution to this? The up and down arrow keys work perfectly fine but I cannot use the left or right arrows in any application.
04-08-2011 11:53 AM
Try to boot into your BIOS by pressing F10 at startup and see if you can use the left/right arrow keys to navigate the BIOS menus. If you cannot, then you know it's a hardware issue.
I am an HP employee.
"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
07-22-2011 04:29 PM
Would this also apply for the up and down arrows? I recently cleaned by laptop with compressed air and now the up and down arrows work but the lag and don't scroll like they use too. They are choppy and delayed.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)