Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-1149wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently did a clean install to Windows 10 on my computer. Since then, I have been unable to get the quick launch buttons to work. I've attempted to install the driver from my products support page and that hasn't restored functionality. It was suggested to me that I attempt to upgrade the BIOS as well, however, when I downloaded the BIOS update from my product page Windows told me the certificate for the installer had been revoked.

I would appreciate any help in getting this fixed. I rather like those nifty function buttons.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Well, after some Google-fu I was able to get the BIOS flashed. So that's one thing fixed. Still unable to get the function keys working. I didn't have this problem with my old laptop when I upgraded it, I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get this to work.

HP Recommended

Hi@Katlamos,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products

I have read your post and understand that the function keys are not working on the PC after Windows 10 update. Is that, right?

I searched for the solution and found that your PC was originally provided with Windows 7 operating system and there are no drivers available for Windows 10 which includes keyboard drivers unavailable.

I request you to try the steps below and check if that helps you in getting those function keys working.

Method 1: I suggest you perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. It will resolve

the common system problems.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on the search bar.
2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.
4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try to update the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Expand Keyboards.

4. Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software

5. Then click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.