12-14-2009 08:02 AM
I've recently upgraded from Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. I've downloaded a large number of drivers from HP. Everything seems to be working, except for the little "touchpad" near the screen. The touchpad has a MediaSmart Quicklaunch button, a mute button, a volume control, and 4 buttons for the CD\DVD player (back, play/pause/ forward, stop) as well as a wireless on/off button. The volume, mute,and wireless buttons work, but not the QuickLaunch or CD\DVD controls. I have installed the recommended Quicklaunch application / drivers. Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong? My computer is a Pavilion dv4-1228ca Notebook.
01-30-2010 03:33 AM
I had gone through all the step that HP lined out....it appears to be a software issue that will hopefully be addressed by windows in a future update.....
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)