Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac026tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 4 Gigabyte of RAM installed. I need to upgrade my RAM. What is the maximum capacity that my laptop can hold and how many slots are there? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ancientnotebook

there is nothing you can do to increase the RAM above 8 gigs, and there is nothing more than 8 gigs of RAM will do to make that computer any better, anyway. You do not tell us which exact processor you have so I guess I was right to say you have the Bay Trail. There just isn't any way to buy a bargain laptop and turn it into a street racer. 

@srinivaskrishna

same for you. You do not need nor can your laptop benefit from "Sport" memory. It will likely work, but that type of performance memory has aggressive timings that may render it incompatible. It does seem Crucial is recommending it for your model laptop so they must have tested it. I would have picked something more plain vanilla but am pretty sure that will work. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual:

Manual

Your specs say you have an i5 which is a "Core" processor so there are 2 slots. They are deemed customer non-accessible, however. You jeopardize the warranty by opening it.

See pages 39 and 46 for removal of the bottom cover and access to RAM slots. Specs say 8 gigs is the max but we have reports that 2 x 8 or 16 gigs will work fine. I would not install 16 gigs but if you are willing to open it up just install a second 4 gig module for 8 total gigs. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks!

8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.35V 1024Meg x 64     Brand: Ballistix , Form Factor: SODIMM

WILL THIS RAM WORK ON MY MODEL? (HP Notebook - 15-ac026tx
Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]
Product Number: M9V02PA )

HP Recommended

When I asked for max. upgrade in my HP15-f024,I was told 16 was possible.  I ordered and received 2-8gig from

Crucial,  then found, as I opened the cover, there are 2  slots but only 1 wired to plu-in,  As I researched again, I learned my version is a bargain processor which can only upgrade to 8 gig from 4.  Can  there a tweak to accomplish an upgrade to 16 gig, or should I settle for the 8 gig I now have and hang the 2nd 8 gig on my keychain?  

HP Recommended

I would appreciate learning how 16 gig worked fine.

HP Recommended
8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.35V 1024Meg x 64 Brand: Ballistix , Form Factor: SODIMM

WILL THIS RAM WORK ON MY MODEL? (HP Notebook - 15-ac026tx
HP Recommended

Can you link me to it? I would like to see the module and some more detailed specs. This has gotten harder than it used to be. 

@ancientnotebook  you apparently have a version of this series of laptops with the Bay Trail processor. Those have one working memory slot and max at 8 gigs.  The OP's laptop has a Core processor and 2 slots and maxes at 16 gigs. 

HP Recommended

Is there anyway additional ram can be piggy- backed to increase my ram above 8 gig?  Or will my bargain processor simply not handle more ram?  I guess this may be a dumb question, but after it's answered, I will have learned somrthing.  Thanks all of you for the responses!!

HP Recommended

@ancientnotebook

there is nothing you can do to increase the RAM above 8 gigs, and there is nothing more than 8 gigs of RAM will do to make that computer any better, anyway. You do not tell us which exact processor you have so I guess I was right to say you have the Bay Trail. There just isn't any way to buy a bargain laptop and turn it into a street racer. 

@srinivaskrishna

same for you. You do not need nor can your laptop benefit from "Sport" memory. It will likely work, but that type of performance memory has aggressive timings that may render it incompatible. It does seem Crucial is recommending it for your model laptop so they must have tested it. I would have picked something more plain vanilla but am pretty sure that will work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.