Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

P 2Hi there guys. I just bought a HP 250 G4 I3 4005u laptop with amd radeon R5 M330 GPU.

My question is, can i upgrade ram memory to 16 GB DD3L ?

I saw on Intel site that the I3 4005U chipset support 16GB of ram.

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes the Manual says 8 gigs is the max, but there are 2 slots and each can take an 8 gig so we know it is able to take 16 gigs. 

Manual

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes the Manual says 8 gigs is the max, but there are 2 slots and each can take an 8 gig so we know it is able to take 16 gigs. 

Manual

HP Recommended

So it's ok to buy another 8 GB RAM Memory 🙂 

Hope that my computer recognize them 🙂

HP Recommended

But why the manual says that only 8 gig is supported? 

HP Recommended

Don't know why. I did not write it. I know from being here a long time it is wrong. If you are skeptical stay with what you have. 

HP Recommended

I insttaled 16GBs of RAM and my laptop it's an airplane.

Also i installed an Sandisk SSD 240GB. The SSD make the difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.