Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ac635tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to upgrade RAM of HP 15-ac635tu notebook , since the lap does not have RAM slot access window on the bottom. Any service manual with illustrations on properly disassembling the laptop will greatly help me..

The spec shows that the lap has an empty RAM slot (DDR3L 1600).. But the bottom of laptop is a sngle piece with no RAM, harddrive access windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual. 

Manual

Even though the model name seems different (250 G4) this is in fact your manual. Start on page 39. You have to remove that back cover as a single big piece. It is not horribly difficult to do. It is technically not supposed to be done by an end user and keep the warranty. I have some people get mad at me at this point but I did not design this I am just telling you how to do what you asked about. Match the existing module as closely as possible. Pay attention to density, i.e. the number of black blocks used to construct the module. if you have 4, get another module just like it same if you have 8. Ideally find another identical module but I know that is not always easy. Memory is inexpensive right now and it is not a bad idea to just buy a pair of identical modules to be 100% sure of compatibility. 

Let us know if you need more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual. 

Manual

Even though the model name seems different (250 G4) this is in fact your manual. Start on page 39. You have to remove that back cover as a single big piece. It is not horribly difficult to do. It is technically not supposed to be done by an end user and keep the warranty. I have some people get mad at me at this point but I did not design this I am just telling you how to do what you asked about. Match the existing module as closely as possible. Pay attention to density, i.e. the number of black blocks used to construct the module. if you have 4, get another module just like it same if you have 8. Ideally find another identical module but I know that is not always easy. Memory is inexpensive right now and it is not a bad idea to just buy a pair of identical modules to be 100% sure of compatibility. 

Let us know if you need more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

wow.. that was a great help.. the manual you shared exactly represents the laptop , even though the models are different.

The illustration and even screw positions are exactly same... I was actually fed up with scrolling through my laptop model's documentation and manuals. Even the HP chat/call support in india was blank on this issue.. Seems like user forums always rock for support and knowledge sharing.  

Thank you huffer once agian

I will post the photos of disassembly once i start doing it.. 

and here is a disassembly video of hp 250 g4 (identical to ac635tu) by Spudgun

https://youtu.be/ey6KxAly9cQ

HP Recommended

happily and safely did the upgrade just now..  an additional 4GB DDR3L added to the systemIMG_2430 - Copy.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.