Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hm very strange. Can you post all the datales of your laptop. Usually antenna cables are installed in the screen case and goes down to laptop case to wifi card. The one you white you missing could be brocken there the laptop bends in and out i mean then you opening and closing your laptop. Laptop should be opened to investigate is the cable broken or its missing at all as its not insalled in to laptop. In case if laptop is still under warranty bring it to hp, if not its very easy to insatll it get laptop to any pc man and he will do it quick. Connectores are the same for all wifi cards so cable from old labtp could be used to install in to your laptop.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Actually to fix it I bought a usb wireless card so now I'm good for the trip. I bought this laptop at walmart for christmas did not use it that much, did not move around a lot with it. It;s still under warranty but I'm out of time to fix it as I'm leaving on a trip. This would have taken sometime to fix so I will try when I get back.

HP Recommended

Dear! You have not answered ... the question in this thread ...
How do I change to a different Card Ralink 5390 ... type on Intel Advanced-N 6230? A map and Accepted ATHEROS BIOS does not want to .. and the error 702 ... Notebook dv6 6152er ... it turns out that I can not make apgreyt your device??
And if I can replace the Ralink 5390 without the intervention of the BIOS on the Intel Advanced-N 6230 Card, how I can do?

HP Recommended

Hi . Your pc is supported by these wifi cards. 

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and
2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo adapter
(BT3.0+HS ready)
● Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1×1
WiFi Adapter
● Ralink RT3090BC4 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and
Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter
(BT3.0+HS ready)
● Ralink 5390GN 802.11b/g/n 1×1
WiFi Adapter

Ralink cards are low end quality so i would go with Broadcam cards. Yout model isnt supported by Intel Advanced-N 6230 Card and it is swiched of by bios.

You can get it cheap from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Broadcom-4313-802-11bgn-WiFi-2070-Bluetooth-2-1-EDR-combo-adapter-600370-...

HP Recommended

bonjour, 

Je rencontre un probleme avec ralink rt 5390 r802.11 bgn wifi adapter, il m'est dit que le pilote est endommagé ou absent. 

Que puis-je faire? 

HP Recommended

i need help to my laptop i will to instal windows 7 but if problems with: Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

HP Recommended

@jbls11089 wrote:

I have just bought a HP Pavilion g6-2212sa, running Windows 8, with Ralink RT5390R adapter. Not happy with the connectivity at all. I have a 300mbps router with 50mb subscription. I can only connect at 72mbps and at best 20mb download (speedtest.net). On my old Dell I had 270 commection with 48mb download. I have gone through the router settings and the adapter with no luck. What would be an upgrade 300mbps adapter to replace ralink? Would be grateful for any help please.

@jbls11089 wrote:

I have just bought a HP Pavilion g6-2212sa, running Windows 8, with Ralink RT5390R adapter. Not happy with the connectivity at all. I have a 300mbps router with 50mb subscription. I can only connect at 72mbps and at best 20mb download (speedtest.net). On my old Dell I had 270 commection with 48mb download. I have gone through the router settings and the adapter with no luck. What would be an upgrade 300mbps adapter to replace ralink? Would be grateful for any help please.

HP Recommended

My HP Envy m6 notebook, windows 8, is having a bad Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn  wifi adapter issue. I have no, and I mean NO technical know-how.  I continually get dropped offline, do the "troubleshoot" .... the diagnostics always (except once) shows  "resetting the wifi adapter"    (laptop is less than 4 months old)

This has been happening for one month. I can be online for a short time and have to go thru this 5-6 times then it usually is fine for the rest of the day.  Today however, I was getting the error message every minute or two.  Still the troubleshoot/diagnotics fixed it until I got a different message:

Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn wifi adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.

I was then not able to connect for 4 hours. I did a system restore and was able to get online just now and while typing this have been knoced off twice so far.  

My internet connection is fine, other computer and tablet work fine and are online, no interruption, all are located within a few feet of modem and router.  I did check the updates for this driver and the message was that I was using the most updated driver so I did nothing in that regard.

Please help   🙂

HP Recommended

I NEED THIS  Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

HP Recommended

@DMSgars 

I'm sorry for the delayed response! I'm just coming across your post in research for another post. 

First, I should ask are you still having the same connection dropping issue?

If so, have you tried going to Device Manager and changing the Power Management option for the wireless card?

To do that, 

1. Press the Windows key + X

2. Click Device Manager

3. Expand Network Adapters

4. Click the Power Management tab 

5. Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

6. Click OK twice and Restart the computer. 

Test the connection for a long period of time (however long it usually takes to drop). 

If it still drops, change the advanced power settings for the wireless card in Control Panel.

To do that, 

1. Press the Windows key + X

2. Click Power Options

3. Click 'Change plan settings' next to the selected power plan

4. Click 'Change Advanced Power Options' at the bottom

5. Scroll down to and expand 'Wireless Adapter Settings' and 'Power Saving Mode'

6. Make sure On battery and Plugged In are both set to 'Maximum Performance'.

7. Click Apply, OK and Save changes. Restart the computer.

Test again for the same period of time and let me know the results when you get a chance 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.