Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)

Ram Upgrade

Product Name: HP Omen 15-AX236TX 15.6"
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am new to this forum experience but i will give it a try.

I have just purchased a HP Omen 15-AX236TX 15.6" laptop with 8GB ram which i think is way too under powered in memory for it's processor and graphics chip.

I would like to upgrade it to 16GB Ram. The Ram according to the HP Manual I do have is this: 8 GB 2400 MHz 1.2v DDR4 shared,  PN 862398-855.

Manual-refer page 42 for memory specs:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

I see in  your posts:

{https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Upgrade/td-p/5989362}

that HP does not sell this item PN 862398-855 and you referred to website for a Crucial equivalent:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC4-19200-SODIMM-260-Pin-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF...

That is exactly what i am looking for but I do not want to void any warranty or start any issues with the warranty side of things.

Is there any way HP can confirm that this can be done and extend the warranty to cover the upgrade to 16GB?

I don't wish to upgrade my memory any higher than 16Gb i would be happy with that amount.

Regards Vic

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Ram Upgrade

Hi @nsilkboxers,

Welcome to the HP support forums.  A very good day to you. Smiley Happy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Davidsmp
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (124 Views)

Re: Ram Upgrade

Thank you for the reply.

I am stii a little confused with you reply?

Will Hp contact me through the email addy i submitted or do i have to go to a particular site to take this matter on?

Like i wrote this is a first for me in forum so i really walking around blind in here.

please fill me on the details on what HP will do next if anything?

Regards Vic

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation