Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Compaq presario cq62
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,last question.

Can i mix rams? Now i have one stick ram "Centon 2 GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 800 MHz "

but my laptop support 4gb so i need another one, so can you tell me is this another stick gonna work?

"Crucial 2GB, DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2-800" ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I thought I said that. Yes it will work. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Yes you can mix modules of the same speed. It may or may not run in dual channel mode, but it will work in the sense that you will have 4 gigs recognized assuming you have a 64 bit version of Windows. 

HP Recommended
But this crucial ram will work yes? They specs are same
HP Recommended

I thought I said that. Yes it will work. 

HP Recommended
Ok,thank you but still i will buy 4x2 two sticks with one brand. Pay less but get 100% dual chanell support , on ebay 4x2 kit is cheaper then in my country 2x1 ram 😄
HP Recommended

A pair of  4 gig DDR2 laptop modules is very expensive, I thought. You did not ask me whether the laptop can take 8 gigs total. There are 2 slots and I am not sure if the max is 4 gigs or 8 gigs but you seem to know what you are doing. 

HP Recommended
Model is Compaq presario cq62-210sy. Almost all websites saying that 4 gigs total,but "Crucial" website saying that 8 gigs total. So i dont know maybe i just upgrade it to 4 gigs,maybe i know what im doing,also once i builded a pc but right now im taking a big risk because i dont wanna make a mistake. ;/ (Bad English)
HP Recommended

Whoa hold the boat. Here is the Manual:

Service Manual

It says you have DDR3 memory not DDR2. But then again, your Celeron processor is not listed. Have you inspected the actual installed memory to be sure it is DDR2? I mean if DDR2 is in there it cannot use DDR3. 

Specs say DDR2:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-Presario-CQ62-Notebook-PC-series/4149939/model/4226538/do...

Processor is T3300 which is compatible with the GL40 or PM45 chipset more commonly paired with DDR2 memory. I am almost certain it maxes at 4 gigs. 

HP Recommended
Yes,i checked yesterday, removed rams to make sure there is ddr2. Mine is T3300 withe the GL40 so i will upgrade it to 4gigs.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.